As at present the Students’ Hostel structure consists of the following:
For Male Students
- Two three-storey blocks of 128 rooms each;
- One block of “dormitory” structure (Algon A), having ten (24) rooms, each capable of accommodating ten (10) students;
(pictures of male hostel)
For the Female Students:
- One three-storey block of 128 rooms each;
- One block of 24 rooms, each capable of accommodating 10 students;
- One block (Annex) of 8 rooms, capable of accommodating 110 students in all.
(pictures of female hostel)
The new structures were ideally, constructed for the accommodation of four (4) students per room, in form of two double-decker bed-space and wardrobes. The University management however, for fear of shortage, directed for the placement of six (6) students per room.
With these provisions, in all, the University was able to (officially) provide accommodation for a total number of students as follows:
Male Hostel: 1,792,
Female Hostel : 1,324,